What is a cat tree?
Do you own an indoor cat? Do they like to climb on the counters and furniture? Do they scratch up your couch, bed posts, or other furniture? Cats are natural hunters and like to climb to high places. Have you ever noticed your cat laying on the back of your couch or laying on the counter top? This is similar to cats climbing trees or another higher areas. They climb trees to watch for their prey and to escape to a safe place. Cats have claws that help them climb with precision. Cats also climb trees or object just for fun or exercise.
Top Rated Cat Trees for Home in 2023
Rating is 5 out of 5
FEANDREA Cat Tree, Small Cat Tower, Condo, Scratching Post, Light Gray UPCT59W
- Where Is Her Favorite Spot? Yawning on the well-padded top perch, melting into the basket lounger, or hiding in the cave down below? Though compact, there’s lots of fun waiting for your kitten to explore on this cat tree
- For Sweet Bundles of Energy: Cats are tender creatures. But they are also bundles of energy that jump around or play with their claws. That’s why the structure of this cat tower is symmetrical and very stable, and the scratching post is covered with quality sisal
- Kittens Like to Join: You bought your kitten a huge cat tree, but your little velvet paw doesn't dare go up? Don't overdo it with something too big, just give her a cat scratching tree that fits her size
- Not Only for Large Landowners: This 18.9” x 12.6” x 26.7” cat furniture also fits in single apartments, under window sills of city apartments, or in small offices—offering your house tiger a cozy home everywhere!
- At Your Disposal: Our customer service has an open ear for your questions before and after purchase; so spoil your lovely kitten with this multifunctional cat condo!
Rating is 4.9 out of 5
Go Pet Club 62-Inch Cat Tree, Black
- Beautiful and durable This cat tree is made from highly durable compressed wood, wrapped with high quality faux fur finish to keep your cats warmed and cozy. Multiple scratching posts are covered by natural sisal ropes which is perfect for your cats to scratch, climb, play and become active. Easy to assemble with included tools and instructions.
- Comfort and entertainment for your cat: your cat needs a space of their own to rest and play. They can take a Nap or play around as much as they want; this cat tree lets your cat be more active. The Go Pet Club cat tree is durable enough for endless amount of playtime for your cat.
- Fun playhouse: the quiet and roomy condo allows for your cat to nap without any disruptions; perches with raised edge allow more safety and support for your cat.
Rating is 4.8 out of 5
ZENY 53‘‘ Cat Tree with Sisal-Covered Scratching Posts and 2 Plush Rooms Cat Furniture for Kittens
- 🐱Sturdy and Safe Structure -- ZENY multi level 53‘’ cat tree is made from highly durable particleboard wood, wrapped with soft flannelette finish to keep your cats warmed and cozy. Stability is always priority. Super solid construction, well balanced design, strong base, cats can easily and safely leap on or off this cat tree. Max Load up to 44 lbs. Recommend for Small and Medium sized cats rather than Large cats.
- 🐱 Roomy and Enjoyable -- 2 spacious hideaway houses offer super soft and warm lounging spots, sisal rope coiled posts help develop positive scratching habit, 3 top perches platform to enjoy the feeling of being at the top of the world and sit on to look out the window, multi-layer structure design, convenient for cat's scratching, climbing, sleeping, and exercising.
- 🐱 Quality Plush Covering -- The multi level cat tower is composed of good quality plush material, which is very soft and comfortable, your furry family members will love the plush touch and enjoy exploring and sniffing around its new home, no scratching your furniture any more
Rating is 4.7 out of 5
Nova Microdermabrasion 53 Inches Multi-Level Cat Tree Stand House Furniture Kittens Activity Tower with Scratching Posts Kitty Pet Play House (Grey)
- 🍃Your feline friends need a cozy home of their own to take a rest, play around and just be as active as they want, Nova Cat Tree is sure to be their dream-come-true! No need to go out, your cat can also enjoy the same happiness as in the tree! Your cats will love their new castle! *** This cat tree is for small cats, if your cat is too big, pls don't purchase! For Big Orange Cat,no more than 2!For other medium cats, no more than 4! Don't work for Maine coon!
- 🍃Multi Level to Relax: Car tree is made of high quality particle board with skin-friendly plush covering to keep your cats warme and comfortable, strengthened base with battens at the bottom to ensure its stability, anti-dumping accessories ensure double safety.
- 🍃More Fun for Playtime: Multiple scratching posts are lined with natural sisal ropes is perfect for your cats to scratch and sharpen their claws, no scratching your furniture anymore! Which also develops positive scratching habit, keep your car active & entertained!
Rating is 4.6 out of 5
Amazon Basics Top Platform Cat Tree - 18 x 14 x 22 Inches, Beige
- Ideal for small to medium size cats up to 25lbs,1-2 cats
- Multi-platform cat tree with scratching posts
- Helps keep your cat from damaging carpets, furniture, curtains, and more
- Carpeted platforms provide space to relax, play, and climb
Rating is 4.5 out of 5
FEANDREA Cat Tree Tower Condo Scratching Posts for Kitten UPCT50W
- CLIMBING OR SCRATCHING FUN? No need to choose between them. As a kitten, they can enjoy the fun of exploring; as a full-grown cat, they can have so much scratching fun on this compact cat tree with two 100% wrapped sisal posts!
- HAVE A SWEET DREAM: After a stroll through the garden, it’s a blessing for every kitten to rest on the fluffy, oh-so-soft, plush perch or in the spacious cuddle cave of the cat tower. They’ll probably even dream of a luxurious massage
- TRUST ITS STABILITY: This is a small but stable cat condo. Thanks to its high quality engineered wood and the reinforced base plate, this cat tree will be a great companion during your cat’s growth
Rating is 4.4 out of 5
SUPERJARE Cat Tree with Extra Scratching Board & Posts, Kitten Tower Center with Plush Perch and Dangling Ball, Pet Play Condo Furniture - Gray
- [ Extra Scratch Boards and Sisal Posts ] This cat tree is equipped with an extra scratching board and posts covered with natural sisal. kittens can grind its claws on it to help it develop a good habit of scratching. Your expensive furniture can also be protected from damage.
- [ Large Top Plush Perch ] The big top perch is wrapped in plush. When the cat is bored, he can look at the scenery outside the window, the birds flying by the window or play with the toy ball below. When the kitten is tired, the cozy perch can provide enough space for the kitten to stretch or take a nap.
- [ Plush Condo Playhouse ] A cat condo provides enough rest for kittens. Kittens can lie in a concealed warm apartment and they can also play hide-and-seek inside.
Rating is 4.3 out of 5
TINWEIUS 01A Cat Tree Scratching Toy Activity Centre Cat Tower Furniture Scratching Post
- Overall size:25.98"x16.14“x35.43" Attention：Please try to place it against the wall
- Top tower allows her to observe around like a queen
- High quality faux fur, natural sisal posts durable for long time scratch.
- Four levels to jump up and down
Rating is 4.2 out of 5
Catry, Large Activity Cat Tree (CT18382)
- This multi-level cat tree features one large hammock, half tunnel up top, and four levels of carpet covered platforms.
- Interactive playground for multiple cats.
- Built with 2 large Paper Rope posts, to allow cats to scratch in a desired environment.
- Features two pom-pom toys to attract and entertain your cats.
Cat owners can purchase what is called a cat tree. A cat tree is an artificial structure that provides a cat somewhere to play, exercise, and sleep. Cat trees vary in sizes and amenities. Cat trees can feature a house, a hammock, a scratching post, ramps, and toys.
How to Clean a Cat Tree?
Cat trees require routine maintenance that is essential in keeping your cat happy and healthy. Cats that have fur coats will be behind a surprisingly large amount of cat hair on their cat tree. There are many products on the market that remove pet hair. A lint roller, vacuum with detachable arm, comb, or scrub brush. Beginning at the top of the cat tree, take the comb or scrub brush and scrub the carpeted areas of the cat tree. Be sure to thoroughly scrub the areas that your cat frequents most often. Next, use the vacuum to remove the pet hair that was just pulled up with the comb or scrub brush. Make sure that you remember to vacuum corners and places the scrub brush could not reach. Lastly, the lint roller is an excellent tool to remove the remainder of loose cat hair.
If your cat tree needs a deeper clean, you can use a spot cleaner which will clean the carpets using water. Be sure the solution for the spot cleaner is pet friendly. Pay special attention to areas your cat frequents. Once your clean cat tree is completely dry, your cat can now enjoy it again.
How to Build Your Own Cat Tree?
Before you can begin building your own cat tree, you must consider what materials you would like to use, what height you want the cat tree to be, and what features would best fit your cat’s needs. Also, consider how many platforms you would like you cat tree to have. Some material you may need are wood, piping, plastic wooden rods, nails, screws, and rope. Now, consider how high you want your cat tree. Some cat trees act more as “scrubs” where other cat trees act more as “trees” that nearly reach the ceiling. Height can depend on your personal preference, your cat’s preferences, or your skill level in constructing a cat tree. Once you have the cat tree constructed, you want to cover any rough or sharp edges. You can do this with carpet, rope, or any fabric that is safe for your cat and that they would enjoy. If you decide to build an attached house for your cat, you can add a cushion inside for your cat to relax on. An additional option you can use for your cat tree is adding artificial branches or shrubbery. This will give your beloved feline the simulation that they are out in the wild. Another options is a hammock for your cat to take their most cherished afternoon cat nap in. Rope is used to wrap around one or more of your supporting pole to create a scratching post that will deter your cat from destroying your furniture. You can even attach a piece of rope throughout the cat tree to hang down. Your cat will love pawing and gnawing on the rope. To add the final touches to your homemade cat tree, you can attach store bought toys that your cat can enjoy. These toys add enrichment for your cat to prevent boredom. Now, your beloved cat can enjoy the cat tree you constructed to fit their needs!